Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Napa-to-Sonoma Half Marathon - Race Recap

7/21/13 - Half Marathon Napa-to-Sonoma





What a great trip this was!  It was wonderful to get out of Phoenix for a weekend and enjoy some girl time... So far, 2013 has been VERY stressful for me and my family and this was the perfect weekend to relieve some stress and spend some time with the girls! 



Karen, Jessica, Amanda and myself rented a home in Sonoma that was in the perfect location for the finish line of the race.  The house was gorgeous and perfect for the four of us...If you ever find yourself needing a rental in the Napa/Sonoma area, check out this house (http://www.seethewinecountry.com/index.html). 


 
 
As soon as we got settled into the house, we went to check out some wineries and do some wine tasting.  Fun times!  LOL
 
 
The race was on Sunday...  We met up with a few of Amanda's friends from Texas.  I actually went into this race with a lot of anxiety.  Since I first went sub 2 hours in December 2009, I haven't gone over 2 hours (with the exception of the Whiskey Row Half Marathon which is well-known for it's VERY hilly/tough course).  I knew going into the half marathon in Napa that my training had not been great in regards to my running.  I've been more focused on my swim and riding.  I knew early on in the race that my running was not where it used to be and was happy with my 2:06:34 finish!
 






 
We flew home on Monday and stopped at the Golden Gate Bridge...  I had never been, so it was awesome to visit!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment